Roof damage is tricky, because it comes in different forms and it may be difficult to identify, if you are not experienced. Some roof damage is minor and can be fixed easily, while other types of damage may require complete roof restoration.
Nobody wants to have a damaged roof, but unfortunately it may happen and you have to know what to do if you have it.
The causes of roof damage include:
- Bad weather
- Faulty initial installation
- Low quality materials
- Improper roof maintenance and exploitation
Sometimes, roof damage is obvious, other times it is hard to spot. If you do not want to miss it, make sure you schedule periodic maintenance and also bring professional Topeka roofing contractors to do an inspection after each major weather phenomena.
Common signs of damage include:
- Missing shingles from the roof
- Broken shingles – If you identify parts of broken shingles scattered in your yard, make sure they are from your roof and not from your neighbor’s!
- Granules in the gutters – This may be a sign of roof damage, but also a sign that your roof is simply old, but if you notice them immediately after a storm, your roof may have damage from hail, wind or impact with fallen tree limbs.