Scheduling a roof inspection in spring is very important, even if your roof seems to be structurally sound. There may be hidden problems and ignoring them is a big mistake that may affect the protection and comfort of your home. If you have some roofing experience and skills, you can develop a roof checklist and do the inspection yourself.
Spring roof maintenance should include the following steps:
- Inspecting the attic, ceilings and walls and marking any stains, mold, or signs of discoloration, as they may be caused by condensation and water leaks
- Checking the exterior of the roof for worn, missing or loose shingles and for other damaged roofing material
- Checking the flashing and wall joints
- Looking for signs of moss and algae on the shingles (and rust on metal roofing), as well as for granules in the gutters
- Looking for loose, leaky or clogged gutters
- Detecting blocked roof vents
If you identify some problems, you must address them immediately, by contacting a roofing contractor and scheduling an in-depth inspection, in order to assess the real condition of your roof and start the repairs.
If you do this on a regular basis, you will not have to worry about the perspective of discovering big roof damage out of the blue. For one of the best professional roofing inspections contact https://midkansasexteriors.com/ annually.