As an integral piece of any home renovation, replacement windows can be a significant investment. To ensure you get the best bang for your buck and the windows that best suit your needs, it’s best to screen contractors before starting your project. When looking for window contractors in Wichita, use the following expert advice.
- Check references and reviews: Get feedback from former clients or online sources like the Better Business Bureau or Angie’s List. Ask for references, and make sure to follow up on them.
- Check for licenses and certifications: One of the easiest ways to tell if a contractor is legitimate is to ensure they’re properly certified. In Kansas, this requires licensing by the Home Builders Association as well as proper liability insurance.
- Ask many questions: It’s essential to have an in-depth understanding of any contractor’s business practices and products. Ask about the types of windows they install, their prices, and the installation timeline. Also, look into their warranties to understand how they protect their products.
- Sight their showroom: This is a great way to see and touch their products in person. A great contractor can also tailor the windows to your unique style and needs.
- Get clear and detailed estimates: Get an exact quote for the windows and installation costs. Remember that the lowest price doesn’t always mean the best deal or highest quality, but it’s essential to understand the overall cost.
By taking the time to screen your Wichita window replacement contractors, you can ensure your investment is well-